Sunday, April 19, 2009

My Heart Is So Full

Blogging has really brought home to me that life is not fair and so many people and families are hurting. I cry everyday for these people. I wish I could do something to help them. It is always a constant reminder to value my health and the health of my family. It is a reminder to enjoy each minute with my husband and little guy and take nothing for granted; life can change instantly. I am constantly amazed by people's faith and outlook on their trials. I am so thankful for the opportunity I have to learn by these people's trials and their faith.

One lesson I am learning, and I am thankful for leaders in my church who expressed these thoughts during a recent General Conference session, is although life is and can be very difficult, we have a choice on how to approach these trials. Our Heavenly Father loves each one of us and if go to him in humility, he will lift our burdens and help us move forward. That's not saying we will not hurt, cry, and ask why us, but with God our burdens will feel a bit lighter. If we persevere, in the end we will find joy and peace like nothing we can imagine. I am so thankful for this knowledge and hope that I can persevere and face my trials and burdens with hope and faith. I also hope that I can seek out those who are hurting and be an instrument in lifting their burdens. It is so important for me to teach my children empathy and service and I need to be that example to them.

I am so thankful for the examples so many women and families are to me through the blogging world. It's quite amazing to me how blogging can bring people together and lift each other up. We all need a bit of that in our lives.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Becky I totally agree with you. Blogging has done so much for my life, and one of those things is that I am so blessed with my current life. Sometimes I get lost in wanting a baby so much that I forget to realize that I have a wonderful husband right in front of me. Then I read blogs like Ter's and it dawns on me, don't take my husband's life for granted. or even mine for that matter.

Amy B said...

What a great reminder. And so true.

wendy said...

that is very true- many time while reading someones blog, I am "lifted up" given new hope, a new way of looking at things, a new way to laugh at things--- bloggers can be great strengths to each other.